At Manassas Dental Smiles, our community’s health, wellbeing, and security are our highest priorities. At MDS, we are taking meaningful and proactive steps to ensure your access to dental health services, while protecting the health and safety of our patients and our team.
We are actively monitoring the changing situation around COVID-19, and our office has put into place several measures to ensure that we can continue to meet your dental health needs.
We are assessing the situation daily, remaining vigilant, and following the recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Dental Associations (ADA, VDA) and local authorities You will see some changes when it is time for your next visit. We have put in safety measures to protect both our patients and our dental team. Some changes you will see are:
We are proactive in communicating with patients over the phone and in-office
- Screening patients by asking and documenting if they have traveled locally or internationally to affected areas within the last 30 days or have any flu-like symptoms.
- For patients that have traveled or present with symptoms, we will reschedule them.
- We sanitize our waiting rooms and restrooms regularly.
- Our treatment rooms are, as they always have been, sanitized from top to bottom after every patient.
- Our clinical team wears required personal protective equipment, including lab coats, eyewear, gloves, and masks.
- Use of provided hand sanitizer as you enter our office.
- Face coverings and Masks are mandatory inside the office, if you do not have one, we are happy to provide one for you.
- As part of your health record, temperatures will be taken with a touchless device.
- Your health history update will include COVID screening questions that will be asked before your appointment either by email, text or phone and again when you arrive in the office.
- Items that are difficult to disinfect will no longer be offered in our waiting room such as magazines, puzzles, and children’s toys.
- If you require support when you come for your appointment, please limit this to one person. If you do not require support, please come by yourself.
As we navigate this time of uncertainty together, I want to reaffirm that our practice is your resource of dental health. Currently, MDS holds the highest level of sterilization in order to ensure that all our patients feel safe in our office. We promise to be transparent and proactive to ensure the health of every patient and our staff. We are so looking to forward to seeing you again! We would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Please call our office at 571-350-9292 if needed. We appreciate your patience during this unprecedented time. Most of all, thank you for being our patient and allowing us to take care of your dental needs. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back in our office.